Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Monday, March 31, 2014

Is "new" fun?

Someone recently asked me how my sabbatical was going, "Was I having fun?"  I said, "Huh?" I never thought of my sabbatical as a 'vacation' to have fun, but as I said in the beginning, a time to start out new, daring to believe that things could take a different path in my life.  




Unplugging from my everyday routines, dares my mind to be uncluttered, and allows me to contemplate new directions. It is deviating from my norm. I had become comfortable in my 'path well traveled' and didn't want to deviate for fear of the unknownDeliberately exploring the possibilities of a new road, believing that things should and could be different than I have known them, can be a scary thing.  It is also hard work to discipline your mind to think differently. As for me, Sabbatical resting is work, not fun. To explain, I use a story from the Bible.

Although the Israelite slaves had cried for their freedom from the Egyptians, when the journey of actually leaving Egypt became tough, they cried again, to Moses, saying:  "Oh why did you bring us out here to die? Would that we would be slaves back in Egypt!"  They grumbled often on their path to freedom! 




Wrestling with new ideas, coming to a conclusion and a plan, while leaving the known, is not easy.  But it is what I have been up to.  Just to keep you up to date, I have decided to embark on a couple of different directions, one spiritual and one regarding my business. Making concrete plans to go in those directions is taking effort, time and research. I am not finished yet. So when I conclude this sabbatical, I am confident that I will have completed the required work and indeed be on a new path of exciting adventures (which I will share at a later date! ;) Stay with me!  

4 comments:

  1. looking forward to hearing about your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - a brand new blog! Hope you find the path that makes the most sense to you. {:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new path does sound like fun, even if that wasn't your intention :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love trying out new things and exploring new paths! I guess it's the child in me :)
    I'm looking forward to hearing your plans!

    ReplyDelete