Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Monday, March 10, 2014

Thoughts of the Day

Previously,  I shared some of my photography.  I am looking for progress with it in the near future.  Still playing with it a bit . . .



At breakfast this morning, I had to be wrapped up in a blanket on my little deck.  It was raining again, and not just the gentle rain of the last few days.  The wind was blowing it well into the little patio with occasional bursts.





I stayed out there long enough to finish the sketch that I started, then retreated to the warm interior and my computer. 

I love my peaceful patio.  Just me and my thoughts.  No push back from anyone. But when I go out into the community, I feel isolated, unwanted, unless I say all the right things, you know "political correctness". I feel as if people don't want to hear me speak, unless I agree with them.


I feel a bit like what I read this morning in my devotional study. King David wrote the words of Psalm 120.

A Pilgrim Song
I took my troubles to God;
I cried out to him, desperate for an answer: 
2 "Rescue me from liars, God! 
They smile so sweetly but lie through their teeth." 

5 How I suffer among these scoundrels!
It pains me to live with these people! 

6 I am tired of living here 
among quarreling neighbors. 
7 As for me, I am for peace;
but when I speak, they are for war!

This is one thing that I am grappling with during my time away--how do I handle those who despise me?  How do I respond?  

I have lived other places, where I enjoyed going out.  Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed my peaceful quiet times, but I didn't dread going out.  People were friendly, they waved as you went by, even if they didn't know you. Yes, they had opinions, but they knew the skill of not judging others simply for their different thoughts.  They didn't place preconceived labels on you, and were willing to get to know you.  Seems, more and more, our society has chosen sides,  which is a shame. 

We should like, even love our neighbors, our countrymen, other human beings, because they are worthy of our esteem.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment