Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Prayer?


Ever felt like the weight of the world was heavy on your heart? 

I'm not a worrier by nature, but I have felt the weight of family problems at times.  It felt like the weight of the world.  What did I do?  I did the only thing that I could do--Pray!
I know, some of you do other things--it's all good.  Some "send up good thoughts".  Nevertheless, it's helpful to bear your heart to something greater than yourself!  What gives relief is a trust in a "higher power".  My trust is in the God called Yahweh -- "I AM."  I take my cue to pray from some of His scriptures:

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. James 5:13 NIV

Be joyful always;  pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thess. 5:16-18 NIV


Prayer is a part of my sabbatical, a big part!

P.S.  I stitched this little art hoop depicting my emotions before I elect to pray. (See this post, in regard to the purpose of art.) 



11 comments:

  1. Your piece of needle art above reminds me of this scripture. Proverbs 4:23 "keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Scripture! Especially for this embroidery!

      Delete
  2. I try to look at worry as my reminder to pray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful way to look at it! I will remember that!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful needlework and a powerful visual image. I can SO relate. Here is another Bible verse:

    John 14:27
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This scripture is one that I need to write on my heart, especially, "do not be afraid." Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Whenever I find I'm worrying, I take time to pray. I don't want to be a worrier and I truly believe God doesn't want me to either. It's better to pray and just let God take care of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not be anxious about anything, but everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Jesus Christ.
    -philippians 4:6-7

    Thank you for reminding us! Lana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Lana! Be anxious for nothing but pray! Great scripture!

      Delete
  6. I love the stitched heart...it looks like it is carrying the weight of the world. We know we can clear the inside of our hurting hearts by praying and giving it to Jesus! He is in control anyways!

    ReplyDelete