Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Sabbatical Adventures begin . . .

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Staying Focused on the Destination

Day 9 - - - 

Yesterday I spent some time writing on my second novel, reacquainting myself with the characters and rethinking my plot and how I am getting to where I want to go with it.  (That's what  happens when you get in a funk and let things go for a while! You have to re-think! Refresh!)


I re-read the prologue, and the first two chapters.  I added some details and today I will re-read it to see if it is captivating enough for my readers.  As I write, it occurs to me that I know where the plot is going, but my reader doesn't.  He/she must want to keep reading; I must captivate him with words.  I know you who write already know this, so, who am I  telling, anyway?!  This post is just a little reminder to stay focused and stay in process!
Hope you are able to stick-with-it!

BTW, for those of you who were wondering, my second novel, will be called The Severed Branch.  It is the second in my Legacy series.     

No comments:

Post a Comment